New homeowners who are building a landscape from scratch should consider adding a landscape lighting installation. Our landscaping experts in Ballwin MO can help you with the design and setting up of the outdoor landscape lights depending on your needs, but you should know a few things about how to choose the best outdoor lights for your property. As you know, solar lights are the best way to go, as they are more economical, more efficient, and last longer. Here are some criteria to factor in if you choose to get solar lights for your landscape this year!
Top Things to Look For When Buying Outdoor Landscape Lights
According to our experts in landscaping in Ballwin, MO, one of the first things you need to consider is the type and style of your landscaping lights. You should pick the best models depending on the areas you need to lighten up, the style of your home, and the overall design of your landscape. Here are some of the most common types:
- Stake lights – the ones you stake in the ground;
- Wall-mounted lights you can install on walls, fences, sidewalks, etc.;
- String lights that resemble Christmas lights for a bohemian, romantic, and rustic atmosphere, and more.
Here are other factors you should consider in your purchase decision:
- You can pick outdoor lights whose brightness range between 6 and 600 lumens. The more lumens lamps have, the more light they will shine on your property. However, let your landscaping experts in Ballwin MO recommend you the proper brightness for your landscape installation, as they know best how many lumens different areas on your property needs.
- Smart design. Many consider intelligent lighting installations as too expensive and a bit pretentious, but you will enjoy dimmers, motion sensors, auto shut-off during the day, Wi-Fi connection, and more.
- All-weather sealing. The best outdoor lights should be weather resistant and waterproof, heat resistant, and frost resilient, among others.
- Your solar lamps – sporting LED technology usually – should last about 6 to 10 hours in a row. Look for lights coming from manufacturers delivering about 30,000 – 50,000 hours.
- Just as you select your home appliances, you should pay the same attention to the guarantee of your outdoor solar lamps. Also, read product reviews and choose the lights coming with reliable customer service.
Ask your local landscaping service providers in Ballwin, MO, for more recommendations on how to choose outdoor landscaping lights. Let them design the installation and fix the system to maximize the beauty and safety of your property!