Caring for your lawn does not only require time and know-how, you also need to have the right kind of tools to get the job done and make the work simple and fast. Having a set of good, quality tools ensures that your lawn is maintained in the best way possible.
Here is a list of fundamental tools for lawn care St Peters MO homeowners should keep in their sheds for a beautifully-trimmed, and healthy lawn:
- Lawnmower. There are many types to choose from. You can choose according to types of blades you’re most comfortable using, or according to how they are operated. Some are run with gas, some are battery-operated. No matter what you choose, you should definitely get one as this is the most basic tool for lawn care there is.
- Nylon String Trimmer. This tool works best in corners or walls that a regular lawnmower can’t reach. It cuts grass using a nylon string in high-speed rotation. Like the lawnmowers, they also come in gas-powered and battery-operated models.
- The good ol’ rake. You need a leveling rake which is used to level the soil, usually to prepare for laying the turf or sowing seeds. Another type of rake you should have is the spring-tined rake. This rake is more commonly used to remove the dried leaves from the grass.
- Broom. Generally, you should keep one as it can be used in a variety of ways, usually involving cleaning and clearing your lawn. You can also get a besom, which is also known as a witch’s broom. It’s a great alternative to a stiff broom and is perfect for brushing off dried leaves.
- Edging Shear. Shears are a basic gardening tool. An edging shear is great for producing a lawn with neat edges. It is used in a way that only the cutting blade moves and the other one is used to push the soil away from the grass.
There are a whole lot of lawn tools you can get aside from these. They include the turfing iron, the half-moon cutter, and the switch, among others. These tools can be found in any home care stores and prices may vary depending on the brands you wish to get. Generally, the higher the price is, the better the product and the longer it’ll last you. But it is best to do your research or seek the recommendations of a professional before making a purchase.